Micromax A116 Canvas HD has received the Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) update as the company promised. The A116 Canvas HD was launched with Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean).The Android 4.2.1 update for the A116 Canvas HD brings faster performance, Quick Settings, semi-transparent notification panel, Panorama in the camera and better GPS lock.
We also have a tutorial on how to update Micromax Canvas HD on Android 4.2.1
If you want to update your device in Android 4.2.1 Click Here
1. Before You Begin:
- Work on Windows Based PC or Laptop
- Download & Install Micromax Drivers From Here
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial.
2. Downloading Required Files:
- Download Custom Recovery: CWM 220.127.116.11 or TWRP 18.104.22.168
- Download SuperSU v1.25.zip: Here
- Download Scatter_emmc.txt : Here
- Download SP Flash Tool : Here
3. How to Root and Install Custom Recovery in Micromax Canvas HD with Android 4.2.1 :
- Copy the SuperSU Zip file into the Externel SDcard of your device.
- Extract SP Flash Tool folder from SP Flash Tool Rar file in your PC.
- Open SP Flash Tool Folder & Run Flash_tool.exe as Administrator.
- Select the MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt which you have downloaded from scatter_emmc.
- Select only the Custom Recovery file download “recovery.img” and let unselect other files (Download Links given above)
- Now Check the USB Mode in Flash Tool.
- Now Check the > DA Download All > Speed > Force to High Speed
- Now Click on Download
- Now Power Off your Micromax Canvas HD and remove battery.
- Put the battery again into your device (Don't start your device)
- Connect the USB Cable between your device and PC
- Let SP Tool search your device and Download the Rom (Don't Touch your Device or PC during the Downloading Process)
- In the process the progress bar became Red then Indigo and finally Yellow
- Whole process take around 2-3 mins only.
- One Green circle will come after Sucessful Installation.
- Disconnect the USB Cable (Don't Start your Device)
- Now Boot into Recovery Mode (By Pressing Volume UP+Volume Down+Power Button).
- It will show you a screen as Recovery Mode press Volume UP again.
- Select Install zip from sdcard in recovery.
- Select SuperSU zip file which you copied earlier (In first step).
- After the Installation Complete,Reboot your device.
Congrats you are successfull in Rooting & Flashing Recovery into your device.Now you can enjoy Apps that need Root Access and Install Custom Tweaks into your device.